Anna Amalia Competition for Young Guitarists
|Categories for the next competition:||Guitar|
|Age range:||1-20 (3 age categories)
|Structure:||One or two rounds depending on age category|
|Cycle:||every two years
|Organiser:||Gitarreverein Weimar e.V.|
- All competition performances are open to the public
- The playing order of the competitors will be decided by draw
- The programme stated in the application is binding
- The order in which the works are played may be chosen by the participant
- The programme must be played from memory
- Participants must bring all the music scores of the works to be played for the jury
- The assessment will be based on artistic-musical presentation, style accuracy, security and most importantly, musical interpretation
- The decision of the jury is final with no right of appeal
- The prize winners must attend the awards ceremony and must participate in the prize winners’ concert. The concert programme with be chosen by the jury.
- The organiser has the right to record the competition performances and the prize winners’ concert for possible public performance. The participant will receive no financial compensation for this.
- Participants must show a valid identification document upon arrival
- Participants must pay for all travelling, accommodation and living expenses
- The organiser carries no responsibility for any personal injury or loss of personal belongings which might occur during the time of the competition
- In case of interpretational differences only the German version of these rules is binding.
Prizes: In each age group a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize can be awarded. In addition, prizes for the best interpretation of a classical work, the contemporary set pieces and other special prizes may be awarded. The jury has the right not to award every prize.
Application: Enrolment can be made online (up from December 2016) via www.gitarreverein-weimar.de as well as the payment of the registration fee of 50,- € by bank transfer until 17th February 2017 at the latest.
The number of participants is limited. The admission occurs in the order of the entrance of the registrations.
Incomplete or late applications cannot be accepted.
In exceptional cases the fee may be paid upon arrival.
In case of a refusal by the participant the registration fee cannot be refunded.
Background: The Weimar based biannual competition started in 1993 and was originally a national event. Its organiser, the Weimar Guitar Association gradually built up its profile and in 1999 – Weimar’s year as European Capital of Culture – the competition became international. It was accepted as a member of EMCY in 2004.
Last updated: 07.09.2016