International Competition for Young Musicians 'Ohrid Pearls'
||15.06.2016 - 21.06.2016|
|Categories for the next competition:||Solo: Violin, Piano
Chamber Music: Duo Piano (four hands), Duo String Instruments, Piano Trio (Violin, Violoncello, Piano), String Quartet
|City:||Ohrid (F.Y.R. of Macedonia)|
|Age range:||10-25 (4 age categories)
|Categories:||in alternate years:
- piano and violin;
- flute, oboe, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, horn, trombone, accordion and wind ensembles
|Organiser:||International Competition for Young Musicians 'Ohrid Pearls'|
- The competition is public without any compensation for radio and TV broadcasting including internet transmission. Snapshots are in permanent authority of the organisation which is going to use them according to its needs.
- All compositions must be played by heart.
- The prizes will be awarded to one competitor only, except in the precategory and A-category.
- The rounds of the competition are of eliminatory character.
- Repeating one composition in 2 stages is not permitted. The competitor by the request of the organisation is obligated to give the full score of the composition performed.
- Every competitor will have scheduled rehearsal time at the competition venue prior to their performance.
- The organizers will provide practice rooms for the competitors from the time of their arrival in Ohrid till the time of their performance.
- The competitors are required to register in the competition office (at the Music School “Metodi Patce”- Ohrid, “Nikola Karev st.” no. 4, 6000 Ohrid, Macedonia) at least one day prior to their performance.
- All the competitors are obligated to present a confirmation of paid entrance fee before their performance at the request of the competition organizers.
More information will follow.
in all disciplines and categories following prizes will be given:
- 1st prize
- 2nd prize
- 3rd prize
- Acknowledgement diploma
- 1st prize: gold medal and 800 €
- 2nd prize: silver medal and 500 €
- 3rd prize: bronze medal and 300 €
- The foundation 'Tomislav Zogravski' awards a prize for the best performance of a work by the Macedonian composer Tomislav Zogravski
- SOCOM (Composers Association of Macedonia) awards a prize of 100 € for the best performance of a piece by a Macedonian composer
- The University of San Francisco awards two scholarships in the amout of 30.000 USD to the best violinists.
- Grand Prix 'Ohrid Pearls'
- Filled application form with attached short biography of the applicant
- Copy of an ID document (passport, personal ID card) or birth certificate
- 1 photo (passport form) obligate
- Phone and e-mail address (if applicable)
- A receipt of paid application fee
|chamber music categories||20 EUR / person|
Background: The competition has been held every year since 2002 in the beautiful setting of Lake Ohrid.
Last updated: 17.09.2015