Ungdommens Musikkmesterskap (Norwegian Music Competition for Youth)
|Categories for the next competition:||TBA|
|Structure:||Regional round followed by national final|
|Categories:||strings, piano, woodwind, brass, guitar, voice, percussion, ensembles|
|Organiser:||Musikkpedagogene Norge/Norsk kulturskolerad/Norges Musikkorps Forbund
Rules: The competition is for soloists and ensembles and divided into different age categories.
Further information (from 2014; in Norwegian)
- Concerts/courses/seminars in Norway and abroad for first prize winners
- NOK 50.000 ( € 6000 ) for the 'Musician of the Year'
- Six 'inspiration' prizes ( € 1100 ) for different categories
Application: Online application for regional competitions (Have not opened yet for 2015; in Norwegian)
Background: Ungdommens musikkmesterskap is a cooperation between The Norwegian Music Teachers´Association and The Norwegian Culture School Council. It started as a piano competition in 1965 and has grown over the years to include the main classical instruments. The competition is arranged in two rounds – regional finals in and national in Oslo. Each year one of the first prize winners is named 'Musician of the Year'.
The competition has information about laureates, concerts and events also on Facebook.
Last updated: 18.11.2016
- 10 April 2017 Schweizerischer Jugendmusikwettbewerb (SJMW) Jazz, Rock&Pop
- 02 April 2017 G7 Cultural Summit