EMCY' s Conference INTER-NATIONAL net_works+ and 30th General Assembly in Vilnius, Lithuania17.10.2016
What does a young musician need for a successful communication of his/her passion for classical music?
How to ensure that classical music remains relevant and accessible also for young people?
Do we have a hierarchy in audiences? Are the music fans more worthy than the ones to reach out to?
|25 youth music competitions and partners from 14 countries followed EMCY´s invitation for its Conference INTER-NATIONAL net_works+ and 30th General Assembly in Vilnius from 14th to 16th October 2016 and addressed these and other crucial questions. Their discussions were enriched by presentations of renowned experts as Constanze Wimmer of the Anton Bruckner University (AT), Pascal Sticklies of the Luxembourg Philharmonie (LU) and Andreas Berg of the Edvard Munch High School (NO).
You can find the Schedule of the Conference here.
Also on the agenda were EMCY´s upcoming activities for 2016-2018 to promote young musicians. In his greetings for the Conference Jean-Claude Juncker, President of the European Commission, perfectly described EMCY´s main tasks for the coming period: “Our ambition is the same: encourage youth mobility, help to create networks of exchange and solidarity and to allow the young musicians to develop their talents.” Among EMCY´s proposal to the delegates were following activities:
- EUROPE:ensemble, master course with star violinist Julia Fischer for EMCY Prize winners, planned for October 2018
- Outreach and audience development activities of GIVE MUSIC A FUTURE (#GIVEMUSICAFUTURE) in 7 different countries; GIVE MUSIC A FUTURE is co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union
- Activities of INTER-NATIONAL net_works+ (#INTERNATIONALnetworksPlus), co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme and many more activities on www.emcy.org
For the sake of fairness and transparency EMCY´s Quality Standards at youth music competitions as well as the digital promotion of competitions were discussed and how EMCY competitions can support each other and extend their bi- and multilateral network.
The EMCY membership also elected a new board for the period 2016 to 2020:
President: Paul Scholer (LU, Concours Luxembourgeois pour Jeunes Solistes & European Competition for Young Soloists)
Vice-Presidents: Mária Slaninová (SK, EMCY Slovakia), Justas Dvarionas (LT, National Lithuanian Balys Dvarionas Piano & String Competition, International Balys Dvarionas Competition for Young Pianists and Violinists, International Jascha Heifetz Competition for Violinists)
Members: Àngels Civit Fons (ES, Concurso Permanente de Jóvenes Intérpretes), Boris Svetiev (MK, International Competition for Young Musicians 'Ohrid Pearls', Competition of the United Music and Dance Teachers of Macedonia).
In between productive talks, the delegates enjoyed concerts as for example NICO the lights of the New Ideas Chamber Orchestra of former EMCY Competitions´ Prize Winners. The Conference was part of the project INTER-NATIONAL net_works+, co-funded by Erasmus+. It was hosted by the Lithuanian EMCY members: the National Lithuanian Balys Dvarionas Piano & String Competition, the International Balys Dvarionas Competition for Young Pianists and Violinists and the International Jascha Heifetz Competition for Violinists. We are very grateful to our generous hosts, Natu knygynas, the Balys Dvarionas Foundation as well as to the Lithuanian Council for Culture and the Ministry of Culture for the support.
|The European Union of Music Competitions for Youth (EMCY) is a European network of Youth Music Competitions, active in 26 countries. Our main task is to support cooperation and best practise of our members, to uphold fairness and transparency at youth music competitions and to promote the prize winners of our member competitions with concerts, master classes, workshops and tours all over Europe. EMCY stands for musical excellency, the promotion of youth and European cooperation.||
- 22 March 2017 Call to our Members and to Prize Winners: the 58th Weimar Master Classes
- 21 March 2017 Aarhus International Piano Competition- the winner takes it all? No!
- 19 March 2017 EMCY is looking for a New Volunteer
- 15 March 2017 Swiss Music Competition for Youth - Entrada 2017
- 14 March 2017 Euro Radio Youth Concert
- 09 March 2017 Make Your Ensemble’s Career
- 01 March 2017 GMAF - Discover Music Tour
- 28 February 2017 V International Jascha Heifetz Competition for Violinists
- 23 February 2017 GMAF - New Children's Show
- 22 February 2017 New Competitions On the Road to EMCY Membership
- 09 February 2017 Music Education Academy 2017
- 06 February 2017 GMAF - Homage a Heifetz
- 05 February 2017 Culture at the heart of a sustainable Europe
- 31 January 2017 Retreat for European Cultural Network Coordinators
- 23 January 2017 Results of the 51st edition of Concertino Praga 2017
- 18 January 2017 No Sustainable Development without Culture
- 20 December 2016 Happy Festive Season, EMCY Office in vacation
- 12 December 2016 Two member competitions of EMCY Slovakia took place in November 2016.
- 12 December 2016 EMCY Slovakia accepted and welcomed a new member competition
- 09 December 2016 Job opportunity: Policy Advisor in Bonn, Germany
- 09 December 2016 GMAF - Reach out session in Istanbul
- 08 December 2016 STAMP - Shared Training Activities for Music Professionals
- 01 December 2016 17th International Television Contest for Young Musicians 'The Nutcracker'
- 30 November 2016 European Union Youth Wind Orchestra: call for applications
- 21 November 2016 Results of the X International youth competition memory of E.A. Mravinsky
- 18 November 2016 Results of the Concours Luxembourgeois pour Jeunes Solistes & European Competition for Young Soloists 2016
- 14 November 2016 X International youth competition memory of E.A. Mravinsky
- 10 November 2016 GMAF - International cooperation for reaching underrepresented groups in Lithuania
- 24 October 2016 Copyright warning
- 19 October 2016 New EMCY Prize Concept
- 17 October 2016 EMCY' s Conference INTER-NATIONAL net_works+ and 30th General Assembly in Vilnius, Lithuania
- 07 October 2016 EMCY´s General Assembly & Conference INTER-NATIONAL net_works+ 2016
- 30 September 2016 Orlando Festival
- 23 September 2016 Lunchtime recital at the Muziekgebouw Eindhoven with Se Tcoi
- 21 September 2016 2016 edition of the epoche f master class
- 18 September 2016 New volunteer at EMCY!
- 16 September 2016 Dear musicians- Your opinion is crucial!
- 07 September 2016 GIVE MUSIC A FUTURE
- 12 August 2016 EMCY office on holidays
- 09 August 2016 Singers wanted!
- 08 August 2016 Job opportunity: CHOREOS is looking for a choir manager
- 03 August 2016 Job opportunity: The Menuhin Competition is looking for a new Project Manager
- 13 July 2016 EMCY concert in Mirgorod (Ukraine)
- 24 June 2016 103 competitors announced for the Ettlingen International Competition for Young Pianists
- 23 June 2016 Results of the the 24th 'Ján Cikker Children's Music festival' (EMCY Slovakia)
- 21 June 2016 Scholarship for violoncello master class in Iserlohn
- 17 June 2016 3 Young Hearts on Tour!
- 16 June 2016 Job opportunity: The Swiss Competition is seeking for a new staff member
- 02 June 2016 Competitors for the Orlando Competition announced
- 31 May 2016 Results of the XI International Competition for Young Pianists in Memory of Vladimir Horowitz
- 30 May 2016 Results of the 85th Concurso Permanente de Jóvenes Intérpretes
- 24 May 2016 EMCY welcomes two new member competitions!
- 23 May 2016 Swiss Music Competition for Youth - Final
- 11 May 2016 Young Hearts for Music Tour starts soon!
- 10 May 2016 Germany and Spain together? Ausgezeichnet!
- 29 April 2016 Winners of the Menuhin Competition London 2016
- 28 April 2016 European Alliance for Culture and the Arts
- 27 April 2016 International Balys Dvarionas Competition now live on the Internet
- 26 April 2016 Winners of the 50th Concertino Praga 2016
- 19 April 2016 Call to our Members and to Prize Winners: the 57th Weimar Master Classes
- 14 April 2016 Call for experts
- 12 April 2016 Swiss Music Competition for Youth - Entrada 2016
- 24 March 2016 People of Belgium, we are with you
- 07 March 2016 The International Young Talents Music Competition (Istanbul)
- 07 March 2016 The Value of International Cultural Networks
- 18 February 2016 The XI International F. Chopin Competition
- 17 February 2016 Young Talents on Tour (Luxembourg-Germany)
- 11 February 2016 EuroRadio Youth Concert announcement
- 09 February 2016 The Netherlands Violin Competition 2016
- 29 January 2016 50th anniversary of Ungdommens Musikkmesterskap (Norway)
- 24 January 2016 Recital during the World Economic Forum in Davos
- 21 January 2016 44 competitors announced for the Menuhin competition London 2016
- 16 December 2015 EMCY Office on holiday
- 25 November 2015 Conference for EMCY´s International Competitions & INTER-NATIONAL net_works+ meeting
- 16 November 2015 Our thoughts are with you, dear French
- 11 November 2015 What does music mean to you? Master class on contemporary music for EMCY Prize winners
- 26 October 2015 MBL Akustikgeräte to Partner European Union of Music Competitions for Youth (EMCY)
- 07 August 2015 EMCY Office on vacation
- 29 June 2015 Results of the 2015 "Ohrid Pearls" international competition in Ohrid, Macedonia
- 26 June 2015 Results of the Österreichische Jugendmusikwettbewerbe Prima la Musica
- 24 June 2015 Selection of Piano Trios for Orlando Competition Announced
- 24 June 2015 Results of the 10th International Competition for Young Pianists ‘A Step Towards Mastery’
- 18 June 2015 Results of EMCY Slovakia 'Ján Cikker Children's Music festival'